Friday, July 6, 2012

"...and time we can't stop..."


Wow, time flies! I'm really bad about updates and blogging, but I've been keeping busy.  So that's good, right? I'm enjoying my first east coast summer & even better - I'm in one of the best cities in the world to make the most of it.

2012 has been very good to me so far. To get you up-to-date:


My Brand Spankin-New-Album
My Kickstarter was SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED! I started rehearsing with my brand new band (amazing & talented individuals!) and went into The Bunker Studio in Brooklyn in April to record my new album. Since the band finished tracking, I've been making short trips to Boston to record vocals at Dirty Water Sound with James Willetts. The album is so very close to being done, but I'm taking my time with it to ensure the best and most creative product comes to you. It will be done SOON though! It's also taking a little longer to record than anticipated because...

Musical Theatre
I've been auditioning for theatre. A lot. and it's been paying off. In April, I sang background vocals for my dear friend Ilana Gabrielle's one-woman-show "Kissing Frogs: Tales of Dating Misadventures in NYC;" that show has since been chosen to perform in the United Solo Theater Festival in October! In May, I had a lead role in the staged reading of "Missunderstood: The Musical" that featured the music of P!nk. Aside from the projects that I've booked, there have been lots of callbacks and "almosts" and I'm just as happy about those; it's all about the experience and the journey.

So what's going on right now? I'm continuing work on my new album and aiming to release it by the Fall. I was recently hired by Footlights Entertainment for private events and weddings AND they've offered me a solo acoustic pop set within their weekly gig at Time Out New York Lounge at New World Stages! More info on that soon! Also, I will be singing various Monday nights throughout the summer at Toshi's Living Room as part of the "For the Love" Monday Night Music Series. Basically, I'm loving seizing all opportunities and seeing where they lead me.

Until next time!

<3, Lynda

PS. The title of this update is a lyric from one of my new songs and the 2 words that come before the ellipsis is the title of my new album. Coming soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment